Green Hydrogen’s Role in Decarbonizing the Future of Steel Production
Time: 11:30 AM - 12:15 PM
- Delving into how the transition from coal to hydrogen might reshape the global steel industry, with an opportunity to eliminate the 9% of global emissions steel is responsible for.
- Highlighting the challenges and advancements in producing green steel at scale, with a need for a 20% increase in electricity production for full steel industry decarbonization.
- Discussing the cost implications of transitioning to hydrogen, with the potential for steel prices to align with conventional methods by 2030 due to decreasing green hydrogen costs.
- Caitlin Swalec Program Director for Heavy Industry - Global Energy Monitor
- Daniela Jansen Lead, H2 Strategy - IG Metall