Navigating the Gridlock: Permitting, Regulations, and Standards for Green Hydrogen Projects and Grid Connections
Time: 9:15 AM - 10:00 AM
- Addressing the scarcity and challenges of obtaining grid connections, with a focus on the ten-year delays faced by an industry bursting with renewable projects.
- Navigating the intricate landscape of obtaining permits for green hydrogen projects, from site selection to environmental assessments, and the intricacies that can delay or derail initiatives.
- Delving into the lengthy bureaucratic processes in the US for energy connections, especially the complexities of navigating state and local government regulations for transmission lines.
- Exploring the logistics, feasibility, and implications of onsite hydrogen generation versus centralized production, considering factors like cost, efficiency, and scalability.
- Lee Ann Bryan Analyst, Energy & Environment - International Technology and Trade Associates
- Cam LeHoullier Manager, Energy Research and Development - Tacoma Power