Pipeline Infrastructure for Transporting Green Hydrogen: Challenges, Solutions, and the Road Ahead
Time: 2:50 PM - 3:35 PM
- Addressing the debate on blending hydrogen up to 20% in existing pipelines versus the investment required for dedicated hydrogen pipelines. When is it more cost-effective to build from scratch?
- Exploring the feasibility and extent of retrofitting required to adapt current natural gas infrastructure for hydrogen.
- Delving into the challenges related to permitting, regulations, and standards in the hydrogen sector, with insights into the lengthy bureaucratic processes in the US and their implications for hydrogen pipeline projects.
- Tessa Weiss Senior Associate - Rocky Mountain Institute
- Steven Schueneman Hydrogen Development Manager - Puget Sound Energy