Storing Green Hydrogen: Challenges and Innovations in Hydrogen Storage Systems
Time: 3:20 PM - 3:45 PM
- Exploring the physical storage of hydrogen as a gas or liquid, the challenges of low ambient temperature density, and the potential of advanced storage methods for higher energy density.
- Addressing safety concerns related to hydrogen release, and the regulations and strategies that will need to develop to ensure robust safety on projects.
- Highlighting the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) strategic pathways, including advanced pressure vessels, cold or cryo-compressed hydrogen storage, and materials-based storage technologies like sorbents and metal hydrides.
- Delving into the potential of low-cost geologic storage options such as salt caverns and depleted oil and gas reservoirs for seasonal hydrogen production.
- Brandy Kinkead Chief Technical Officer - Ayrton energy